6 large Eggs
Veggies (I used bell peppers and Celery. It’s what I had…) ‘
Mayo and some hot sauce. (See below for brands)
Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Start off by cooking the bacon. We also broil ours in the oven over a rack. This allows us to drain off the grease and use it for many other things later.
2. While the bacon is cooking, heat 1/3 cup of mozzarella in a medium pan. This is going to form your taco shells.
3. Cook the cheese until it is browned on the edges (about 2-3 minutes). Slide a spatula under it to unstick it. This should happen easily if you’re using whole milk mozzarella as the oil from the cheese will prevent it from sticking.
4. Use a pair of tongs to lift the shell up and drape it over a wooden spoon resting on a pot. Do the same with the rest of your cheese, working in batches of 1/3 cups. I have found that putting the cheese over the (non-heated) over grate until cooled works well too.
5. Next, cook your eggs in the butter, stirring occasionally until they’re done. Season with salt and pepper. – If you have an issue with egg. Try just the egg yoke before you give up on eggs. Many people who have issues with eggs really only have issues with the egg whites.
6. Now simply add your toping to the cheesy taco shell and enjoy.
Some of ours turned out like nice tacos, like the one I have in the top image. Others no so much, these we turned into cheese burritos, rather than tacos…